WARMER MIXTAPES #1416 | by Larisa Borza [Lariss]

1. Coolio | Gangsta's Paradise (feat. L.V.)
Since I was little I was really into this song. I do appreciate that this single is very TRUE.

2. Luniz | I Got 5 On It (feat. Michael Marshall)
I listened to this song when I was 14, I knew at that time that I wanted to play sometime in the Future this kind of Music. I tried to understand every single lyric and to memorize it.

3. Damian Marley | Road To Zion (feat. Nas)
Just wow. Damian Marley is one of my favorite artists. Road To Zion seemed to me something new, something that I never heard before. I was drawn by the beginning of the song, which is a sample from Russian Lullaby, the song covered by the magnificient Ella Fitzgerald. Everything happens for a reason. After a while, I studied different types of Music like Jazz, Soul, Reggae. Music is limitless, you just gotta go with the flow.

4. Alicia Keys | Fallin'
+ If I Ain’t Got You... Alicia Keys is my idol, I have to choose two songs from her masterpiece career. I just adored her album entitled Songs In A Minor. After School, I had a ritual, I played piano for hours and, of course, my inspirational songs were Fallin' & If I Ain’t Got You.

5. Justin Timberlake | Cry Me A River 
Boom! This song hit me. Justin Timberlake is one of those artists who plays Music with Emotions. He sings about his life and I know that this song was inspired from a past relationship, between him and Britney Spears. Also, hands down for the Scott Storch and Timbaland, the other two songwriters of Cry Me A River. Sure thing that Justin and Britney have had an intense Love story.


6. Britney Spears | Everytime
I used to listen to Britney Spears’ songs, but I was impressed especially by Everytime. This single was a response to Justin’s Cry Me A River.

7. Marry J. Blige | Be Without You 
Released in 2005, Be Without You was a teaching lesson for me. I realized what R&B Music is really about. The video is also an example of good work, it’s not a surprise that it won the Video Of The Year award at the 2006 BET Awards on June 27, 2006.

8. Rihanna | Pon De Replay 
I can identify myself with Rihanna. I loved her ever since her debut song Pon De Replay came out. I know everything about her, therefore she is my Inspiration.

9. Skrillex & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley | Make It Bun Dem
I believe this is my favorite featuring of all times. Good job, Skrillex, can’t wait to see one of your shows.

10. Selah Sue | This World 
+ Raggamuffin... An A+ artist. Even if she is not so famous, for me she is a great artist. I think that This World and Raggamuffin are timeless songs. She taught me how to understand Freedom of Expression. I highly recommend you to see this show.